This is quite possibly the easiest recipe on the planet, and the finished product will literally melt in your mouth. We like to serve this with roasted vegetables and a baked sweet potato, but the sky is the limit.
Prep Time:5 Minutes
Cook Time:8 Hours
Ready In:8 Hours 5 Minutes
- 1 Large cut of beef that is suitable for a pot roast (I use chuck typically) and will fit in your crock pot
- kosher salt
- black pepper
- sprig fresh rosemary (optional)
- Pat the roast dry with a paper towel. Coat with kosher salt and pepper on all sides and press firmly into meat.
- Sear roast over medium heat, preferably in a cast iron skillet (any skillet will do though), on all sides. This seals in the juices and makes the roast a deep golden brown.
- Add roast to a crock pot along with a sprig of rosemary. Set to Low and let cook for at least 8 hours. If cooking for only 6 hours, set heat to High.
- The longer you let this meat cook, the more tender and juicy it will be.
- * If you’d like to add carrots, onions, and potatoes to this roast it’s best to add them later (otherwise they’ll be mushy).
Recipe from healthnutnation.com
Have a great recipe you would like to share? Click here to submit your own.