The combination of the sweet and nutty macadamia nuts combined with the citrus tang of the orange zest makes this recipe refreshing and substantial at the same time. Choose a good quality white fish.
Prep Time:15 minutes
Cook Time:35 minutes
Ready In:50 minutes
- 1 1/2 cup(s) Macadamia nuts (chopped)
- 2 teaspoon(s) extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 eggs
- 4 teaspoon(s) unsweetened almond or coconut milk
- 2 tablespoon(s) fresh parsley (chopped)
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) sea salt (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) freshly ground pepper
- 2 lbs fresh halibut filets
- zest of 1 orange
Preheat oven to 350℉.
Toast Macadamia nuts in a small skillet over medium-low heat until slightly golden. NOTE: stir constantly, as they will burn quickly if unattended. Set aside and allow nuts to cool completely before chopping. Chop when cool.
Meanwhile, lightly grease a shallow baking dish with olive oil.
In a medium bowl, beat egg with almond or coconut milk and set aside.
Add parsley, sea salt, pepper, and orange zest to a shallow bowl with the nuts.
Dip each halibut fillet in egg mixture, and coat on both sides, then press halibut in nut mixture. Be sure each fillet is fully coated.
Place fillets in the shallow baking pan, and bake for 15 minutes (or until fish flakes apart with a fork).
Have a great recipe you would like to share? Click here to submit your own.