The cabbage in this recipe cooks down almost to a "noodle" consistency. It's a wonderful recipe and a great substitute for a pasta dish.
Prep Time:10 minutes
Cook Time:10 minutes
Ready In:20 minutes
- 2 tablespoon(s) grass-fed butter
- 1 lbs pork shoulder roast (cut into thin strips)
- 1 red onion (thinly sliced)
- 1/2 head or 5 cups thinly sliced green cabbage
- 1 cup(s) water or chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon(s) sage
- 1 teaspoon(s) ground thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) paprika
Add butter to large skillet and melt over medium high heat. Add the strips of pork shoulder and cook for 5-7 minutes. Add the onion and sauté 2-3 minutes more. Add the cabbage, stirring well. Add the water or broth to the skillet and cover. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the cabbage begins to soften. Add the sage, thyme, salt, pepper, and paprika and stir well.
Have a great recipe you would like to share? Click here to submit your own.