If you're a meat and potatoes kind of person, this is for you. We found a great recipe that accommodates our love of comfort food in a clean, healthy way. Enjoy!
Prep Time:25 Minutes
Cook Time:45 Minutes
Ready In:1 Hour 10 Minutes
- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoon(s) old fashioned mustard
- 1 tablespoon(s) coconut aminos
- 1 teaspoon(s) onion powder
- Cooking fat
- Fresh parsley (minced)
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 1 cup(s) beef stock
- 2 tablespoon(s) butter
- 4 large potatoes (peeled and roughly chopped)
- 3 tablespoon(s) butter (for gravy)
- Boil the potatoes until fork tender in a saucepan filled with water, about 15 minutes.
- Drain the water and mash the potatoes using a potato masher. Mix in the clarified butter and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- In a bowl, combine the ground beef, egg, mustard, coconut aminos, onion powder, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Shape the meat mixture into meatballs with your hands.
- Melt some cooking fat in a skillet placed over a medium-high heat.
- Add the meatballs and cook on all sides until fully cooked.
- Remove the meatballs and set aside.
- In the same skillet, melt some clarified butter, add the onions and cook until browned.
- Add the beef stock, scrape the bottom of the pan to get all the brown bits, and cook for 5 to 6 minutes.
- Return the meatballs to the skillet and mix gently with the gravy.
- Serve the meatballs with the mashed potatoes, with fresh parsley sprinkled on top.
Recipe from paleoleap.com
Have a great recipe you would like to share? Click here to submit your own.