A yummy refreshing salad for those hot summer days.
Prep Time:15 Minutes
Cook Time:15 Minutes
Ready In:30 Minutes
- 2 skinless chicken breasts
- 8 oz mixed salad greens, microgreens or spinach
- 1 red grapefruit
- 3 3 oranges
- 1 small bunch of fresh basil
- 1 pomegranate (or a small package of pomegranate arils)
- 1/4 cup(s) cup walnuts
- 1 tablespoon(s) orange zest
- 1 teaspoon(s) grapefruit zest
- 2 tablespoon(s) balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Poach the chicken breasts first. Place them in a small pot with the rind from one orange and a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Cover with water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to a very low simmer (barely bubbling), and cover. Cook for 10 minutes. Turn off the heat and let sit for another 10 minutes. Remove the chicken and let cool.
- Meanwhile, prepare the dressing by combining the juice of two oranges, orange zest, grapefruit zest, balsamic vinegar, olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper in a small bowl. Whisk to combine.
- Arrange the salad with the mixed greens, basil, pomegranate, walnuts and supremes of grapefruit and orange. To make supremes - which are essentially wedges of citrus - cut the top and bottom off the fruit. Use a knife to remove the skin and white pith. Then, slice on each side of the citrus segment so that it comes away cleanly.
- Slice the chicken and top the salad with it and a few spoonfuls of the dressing.
Recipe from stupideasypaleo.com
Have a great recipe you would like to share? Click here to submit your own.