Coffee + beef = delicious. Yes, the math doesn't seem to add up, but wait until you try it. We recommed grass-fed beef if you can find it. This recipe is great over mashed cauliflower and a steamed vegetable.
Prep Time:20 Minutes
Cook Time:6 Hours
Ready In:6 Hours 20 Minutes
- 2 tablespoon(s) finely ground coffee beans
- 2 tablespoon(s) smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon(s) black pepper
- 1 tablespoon(s) cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) Aleppo pepper (or sweet paprika)
- 1 teaspoon(s) chili powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon(s) sea salt
- 2 lbs grass-fed beef roast
- 1 cup(s) brewed coffee
- 1 cup(s) beef broth
- 1/2 onion (chopped)
- 6 dried figs (chopped)
- 3 tablespoon(s) balsamic vinegar
- Prepare the mocha rub by mixing together the finely ground coffee, smoked paprika, black pepper, cocoa powder, Aleppo pepper (sub: sweet paprika), chili powder, ground ginger and salt in a small bowl. You won't use the entire batch if you're making a 2-pound roast. It stores well in an airtight container.
- Pat the beef roast dry with a paper towel. Spoon 3 to 4 tablespoons of the mocha rub mixture over the roast and rub it in well with your hands.
- Combine the brewed coffee, beef broth, onion, figs, and balsamic vinegar in a blender. Puree until liquified.
- Pour the liquid into the crock pot and place the roast gently on top.
- Cook for 5 to 6 hours on low.
- Remove the meat and shred with two forks. You can then boil the liquid until it reduces and thickens or simply serve as is. Adjust seasonings with salt and pepper to taste.
Recipe from stupideasypaleo.com
Have a great recipe you would like to share? Click here to submit your own.