Welcome to our regular post on what we're talking about, reading and listening to:
Daylight savings ends on Sunday! Don't forget to turn your clocks back and enjoy an extra hour of sleep this weekend.
Research and News:
1. No Medication Left Behind: Has the push to standardize school to focus on passing standardized tests increased ADHD diagnoses?
2. Cut the Craving: Real strategies for staying the course when a craving comes knocking.
3. The Dark Side of Big Pharma's Favorite Drug: Mind blowing blog from Dr. Eades about one of America's most over-prescribed drug. "Men over 65 live no longer by taking statins. Men under 65 who have never had heart disease – and were talking actual heart disease here, not just an elevated cholesterol level – gain no longevity benefit from taking statins."
4. Dairy Aisle 101: We talk a lot about fat around here, and not the way you think. This article presents some good information on why full-fat dairy (What? No skim milk?) is best and some tips on how incorporate it into your diet, if you choose to do so.
What I listened to this week:
1. Cholesterol Clarity: Jimmy Moore and Dave Asprey do a great job of discussing the truth behind cholesterol and the real numbers you should be focused on.
2. Colonoscopy Counterpoint: Among several other important topics, Chris Kresser discusses some of the concerns about colonoscopy. Maybe we should be reconsidering the mass screening?
Recipe of the Week
comments powered by Disqus