This recipe is so quick and will have your guests (or spouse) thinking you're a gourmet chef. It's a great side dish with lots of delicious flavors and nutrients.
Prep Time:5 Minutes
Cook Time:10 Minutes
Ready In:15 Minutes
- 1 large bunch (about 1 lb. / 500 g) of broccoli rabe (rapini)
- 2 clove(s) minced garlic
- 2 tablespoon(s) pistachio nuts (chopped)
- 2 tablespoon(s) dried currants
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1/2 cup(s) chicken stock (or water)
- Olive oil
- sea salt (to taste)
- Boil a large pot of water. Set up a large bowl filled with ice water.
- While the water comes to a boil, trim the ends off the broccoli rabe and chop into wide strips, mince the garlic and chop the pistachios.
- Blanch the broccoli rabe in boiling water for 2 minutes. Immediately transfer to the ice water and allow to cool for a few minutes. Drain.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat, and add a glug of olive oil. Saute the garlic, pistachios, currants and red pepper flakes for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Add the drained broccoli rabe and chicken stock, cooking for 3-4 more minutes or until the stems are tender. Adjust the seasoning with sea salt if necessary.
Recipe from stupideasypaleo.com
Have a great recipe you would like to share? Click here to submit your own.