I like to make these on Sunday nights. They are the perfect breakfast for all of us on-the-go kind of people. Even if you're not, it's nice to have breakfast already figured out. Add whatever vegetables you like to this recipe. These can also be frozen!
Prep Time:10 Minutes
Cook Time:30 Minutes
Ready In:40 Minutes
- 1 small onion (minced)
- 1/2 cup(s) tomatoes (diced small)
- 1-2 tablespoon(s) bacon fat or fat of choice
- 1 cup(s) shredded pork carnitas or other shredded/ground meat
- 9 eggs
- 3 tablespoon(s) heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon(s) smoked paprika
- Preheat oven to 350F (175C). Line a muffin tin with paper or foil liners. I used silicone muffin cups.
- In a skillet over medium heat, soften the onions in the bacon fat for about 5 minutes. When they are translucent, add the tomato and cook on medium until the tomatoes begin to soften. Remove from the heat. Stir in the cooked shredded pork until combined.
- Combine the eggs, heavy cream, salt and pepper and beat until combined.
- Now it’s time to build the muffins: put a large spoonful of onion/tomato/pork into each cup. Evenly distribute the filling to 12 muffin cups. Sprinkle with a pinch of smoked paprika.
- Pour the egg mixture into each cup until about 3/4 of the cup is full.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until fully set. The cups will come out very puffed up and then fall a bit as a they cool. It’s science, yo!
- Enjoy with a bit of salsa!
Recipe from Stupid Easy Paleo
Have a great recipe you would like to share? Click here to submit your own.