No you shouldn't eat this every day. Yes, you should have it once in awhile. It's rich, decadent and flourless. We like our slice topped with heavy whipping cream and fresh berries.
Prep Time:20 Minutes
Cook Time:40-45 Minutes
Ready In:60-65 Minutes
- 3 tablespoon(s) unsalted butter (or coconut oil), plus more for the cake pan
- 6 oz 70% dark chocolate (chopped)
- 6 large free-range organic eggs (separated)
- 1 cup(s) raw coconut palm sugar (divided)
- 2 tablespoon(s) instant-espresso powder
- 1 pinch fine grain sea salt
- 1 tablespoon(s) pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C), place a rack in the middle.
- Invert the bottom of 9-inch springform pan and line with a parchment round and butter parchment.
- Place butter (or coconut oil) and chopped chocolate in a medium sized heatproof bowl. Place the bowl over a pot of simmering water (making sure that the bottom of the bowl does not touch the water). Stir until the chocolate has completely melted. Remove the bowl from over the boiling water, let mixture sit for a few minutes.
- In a medium bowl beat together egg yolks and ½ cup of raw coconut palm sugar with a mixer on medium-high speed until thick and the sugar has completely dissolved. Add espresso powder and salt; beat until combined, about 1 minute. Add vanilla and melted-chocolate mixture; beat 1 more minute.
- In another large bowl, beat egg whites and a pich of salt on medium-high speed until foamy.
- Increase speed to high and gradually add remaining ½ cup cup raw coconut palm sugar, beating until stiff peaks form, about 5 minutes. The raw coconut palm sugar will dissolve into the egg whites giving them a fantastic brownish/caramel macchiato color.
- Gently fold egg whites into chocolate mixture in 3 batches.
- Transfer batter to the prepared pan and bake for 40 to 45 minutes until set.
- Let cake cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
- Remove side of pan; transfer cake to a serving plate.
- I strongly recommend serving with a dollop of whipped cream.
Recipe from theironyou.com
Have a great recipe you would like to share? Click here to submit your own.