This meal can't possibly be paleo...can it? It's rich, creamy and decadent. Actually it is, and by switching out a few unhealthy ingredients with real, whole-foods we've found a way to have our cake and eat it too.
Prep Time:20 Minutes
Cook Time:20 Minutes
Ready In:45 Minutes
- 1 medium spaghetti squash
- 5 slice(s) bacon
- 1/2 onion (chopped)
- 3 clove(s) garlic (minced)
- 2-3 cup(s) butternut squash (chopped)
- salt to taste
- 1 cup(s) sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup(s) coconut cream
- 2 egg yolks
- parsley for garnish
- Poke spaghetti squash all over. Microwave for 8-10 minutes. Halve and scoop out seeds. Scrape out "noodles" with fork and set aside.
- Cook the bacon in a large skillet until crisp. Remove from pan, crumble, and reserve.
- Add the onion to the bacon grease and cook until translucent.
- Add the butternut squash, garlic, salt, and mushrooms, and saute until butternut squash is tender.
- Add reserved spaghetti squash and crumbled bacon and cook for just a couple minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt the coconut cream in a small saucepan until starting to steam. Whisk a couple tablespoons of the hot coconut cream into the egg yolks. Whisk the egg yolk mixture into the coconut cream and cook for just a minute, stirring.
- Pour the coconut cream and yolk mixture into the spaghetti squash mixture. Cook, stirring, for just and minute or two.
- Serve immediately garnished with parsley.
Recipe from fastpaleo.com
Have a great recipe you would like to share? Click here to submit your own.