It's possible to enjoy comfort food without the guilt. This is a simple meal...perfect for busy weeknights and yummy leftovers. Whip up the sauce in 5 minutes, then toss it in the crock pot and enjoy later.
Prep Time:10 Minutes
Cook Time:5 Hours
Ready In:5 Hours 10 Minutes
- 2 lbs free-range organic chicken breasts, cut into chunks
- 2 tablespoon(s) coconut oil
- 3 clove(s) garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 1 can(s) can full fat coconut milk (I used BPA-free Natural Value)
- 1 can(s) can tomato paste
- 2 teaspoon(s) garam masala
- 1 teaspoon(s) curry powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) chili powder
- 2 tablespoon(s) arrowroot powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) fine grain sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) ground black pepper
- Heat coconut oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic and saute’ for 4 to 5 minutes, until translucent. Add garam masala, curry powder and chili powder and saute’ for 1 minute, until fragrant.
- Stir in coconut milk and tomato paste. Reduce the heat to low and add arrowroot powder. Whisk until the lumps are gone, turn off the heat.
- Grease the inside of your crockpot bowl with a bit of olive oil. Add chicken chunks, pour the sauce over it and stir to coat. Cover and cook on low setting for 5 hours.
- Sprinkle with chopped coriander before serving.
Recipe from theironyou.com
Have a great recipe you would like to share? Click here to submit your own.